Every year the National Association of REALTORS conducts a survey of recent home buyers and sellers to gain insight on the home buying and selling process. Below are some highlights from this report about buyers last year.
- 33% of all home buyers were firstt time buyers and financed 94% of the purchase price.
- Buyers searched 10 weeks and looked at 9 homes before buying a home.
- The typical home purchased was 1850 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1990.
- 93% of buyers found online websites their most useful source; photos and detailed information were an important factor.
- 89% of buyers purchased their home using a real estate agent.
- The top 3 factors influencing what buyers chose were: (1) quality of neighborhood, (2) convenience to job, and (3) overall affordability.
Sellers should be aware of how these buying traits might impact them. For example, a house located out in the boonies with 5 bedrooms and 3000 sq. ft. doesn’t target the typical buyer – which could mean longer time on market. Contact me if you’d like to know how these factors might impact you. 603-526-4116, www.DonnaForest.com, Donna@DonnaForest.com
Data from the NAR 2019 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
“Word of Mouth” is the best advertisement, and we love it when you refer your friends and family to Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team.