Contact Donna Forest: 603-526-4116; www.DonnaForest.com; Donna@DonnaForest.com
Top 5 Loan Killers
If you plan on getting a mortgage or have already started the loan process, you need to be extra cautious with your finances. Here are the top 5 show stoppers you should avoid.
- Purchasing large ticket items. Don’t buy a new car or even furniture until after the loan closes. New payments will impact how much money you can borrow or can even prevent you from qualifying for a loan.
- Paying late on bills. One 30-day late payment can subtract 80 to 110 points from your credit score. Many lenders require at least 12 consecutive months of on-time payments
- Shuffling money around. Lenders scrutinize all your bank statements as part of the approval process. Any unusual deposits or withdrawals will require clear documentation of what they are. A large sum of money transferred into an account right before closing could be lethal.
- Job changes. Taking on a new job can present some hurdles as lenders like stable income that will likely continue. Changing job fields or starting your own business will be a red flag.
- Getting a new credit card. Even something as simple as getting a Kohl’s credit card will impact your credit score.
Give me a call if you want to work with a Realtor who can help you avoid the common pitfalls when buying your dream home.
You’ll be moving in the right direction with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team