While we are in the season of giving thanks, it serves as a good reminder why we should be thankful to be homeowners. It’s not just about having a roof over your head – a home provides shelter, wealth, stability & pride. Below are just some of the many financial and non-financial benefits.
- The average homeowner’s net worth is 44x greater than a renter’s. (Federal Reserve’s survey of Consumer Finances 2013-2016)
- Rent prices increase 3-4% annually. A fixed mortgage provides the stability of knowing your payments won’t go up.
- You can build home equity which can then later be used to start a business, pay college tuition, or help buy a vacation property.
- Homeowners tend to be more involved in their community.
- Home ownership provides a sense of accomplishment & control over your environment. This also impacts children as studies show they have less behavioral problems and perform better in school.
If owning a home is part of your American dream, then contact me to help you start the process! 603-526-4116; Donna@DonnaForest.com; www.DonnaForest.com
You’ll be moving in the right direction with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team.