Selling and in the throes of packing and moving? Below are some tips to help get through those final days to avoid creating work for yourself at the last minute.
- Don’t leave personal items unless buyers agreed to it. While you may think you are doing them a favor by leaving the bar stools, the buyers could view it differently. You don’t want to be coming back to remove things right before the closing. Always check first.
- Leftover paint, tile, & cleaning supplies. All useful for the new owners, right? Confirm that buyers want it left. It’s not easy to get rid of this stuff at the last minute.
- You may be closing in a week, but you still need to maintain the yard. Having buyers pull up to a house with foot high grass to do their walk-through inspection could be contentious.
- Be sure to understand what stays with the house. Check with your agent before removing anything attached. For example, hooks, shelves, blinds, light fixtures, & TV brackets should be left unless specified otherwise.
- Don’t leave multiple holes in the walls where pictures hung. Take a few minutes to spackle and paint.
Thinking of selling? Contact me and put my 24 years of real estate knowledge to work for you! 603-526-4116, www.DonnaForest.com, Donna@DonnaForest.com
You’ll be moving in the right direction with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team.