Home Selling Trends in 2022
Since 1981, the Nat’l Assoc. of Realtors has published an annual report providing insight into buying and selling behaviors. Since my last article was about buyers, I thought it would be good to provide some interesting data on sellers from the 2022 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.
- The typical home seller was 60 years old and had lived in their home for 10 yrs.
- 86% of sellers worked with a real estate agent to sell their home.
- 85% said they would definitely recommend their agent for future services.
- 10% of home sales were For Sale By Owner (FSBO). Of this 10%, half of the sellers knew the buyer of their home. FSBOs typically sell for much less than the selling price of agent assisted home sales.
- For recently sold homes, the final sales price was a median of 100% of the listing price – the highest recorded since 2002. In NH for 2022, the median sales price was $440,000, an 11.4% increase from 2021, and the sales price was 102.2% of the listing price.
The information provided in this report helps highlight the trends in the housing market and also shows that buyers and sellers value the role of a real estate professional. Whether buying or selling contact me to see how these trends impact you.
Contact Donna Forest: 603-526-4116; www.DonnaForest.com; Donna@DonnaForest.com
You’ll be moving in the right direction with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team