Listing Broker, Donna Forest, 603-526-4116
With a slight twist on the classic cape, this contemporary style home offers a first floor master, two large bedrooms up, and an open floor plan
designed for today’s living. Location is everything - this private retreat is a short walk to the association beach on Mountain View Lake so you can spend those warm
summer days swimming & soaking up the sun. Come winter, you are only 5 minutes to skiing at Mt. Sunapee Resort. Inside you will find freshly painted sunlit and airy
rooms, an efficient, step-saver kitchen with maple cabinets and a convenient island, a comfy living room with vaulted ceiling, and uncrowded comfort for a casual lifestyle.
Whether vacation or year-round, if you are looking for privacy, comfort, and value then give this home a look! Check out the awesome Matterport virtual tour. Offered at $299,000. For more photos, visit our virtual tour at: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=AjajfqY2QGt Donna@DonnaForest.com
The answer is a definite “yes.” Realtors have adapted to our new reality and almost everything has shifted to a virtual platform. Below are some of the changes we are seeing.
- Agents and clients meet via video chats vs. in person.
- Virtual tours of homes have become an even more important marketing feature.
- Documents are filled out & signed electronically using electronic signature programs like Dot Loop or DocuSign.
- There are safety procedures in place for showings. Buyers remove shoes, sanitize their hands and don’t touch anything in the house, viewing times are limited, only people essential to the purchase are allowed in, and agents will ask both sellers and buyers if they have traveled in the last 14 days, been around anyone who is sick, or are sick themselves. Masks may be required as well.
- Closings can still occur. Paperwork can be sent out ahead of time for signatures or even done in a parking lot in your own car; monies can be wired.
- Home inspectors limit who can be in the house during the inspection. Exterior only appraisals may be accepted by some lenders.
- Buyers and sellers need to be aware the loan processing could take longer. There could be delays beyond our control so set your expectations accordingly.
Some sellers will pull their house off the market and some buyers will put their search on hold until we are through this health crisis. While it is not business as usual, adjustments are made so buying and selling can still be a reality. Give me a call for any real estate needs you may have. 603-526-4116; www.DonnaForest.com; Donna@DonnaForest.com
True, this pandemic is causing an economic slowdown. However, from what I read, recovery will begin once the infection rate peaks. Many financial institutes such as Goldman Sachs and Wells Fargo Investment Institute expect strong gains in the 3rd & 4th quarter and into 2021. Here is why home prices will NOT be dropping like they did starting in 2008.
1. There is still a shortage of homes to sell, here and nationwide.
2. Housing is more affordable today. The average family pays 15.5% of their income vs. 25.4% in 2006. Prices are high, however wages have increased and mortgage rates are lower.
3. There are stricter lending standards in place. The 2008 housing crisis was caused by fraud & greed - too much borrowing, flawed financial models & predatory lending.
4. Homeowners today have plenty of equity in their homes. From 2005-2007, homeowners treated their houses like cash machines and refinanced $824 billion worth of home equity. Compare this to 2017-2019 which totaled $232 billion.
5. Home values increased in 3 of the last 5 US recessions. (And, in 1991, they only dropped by 2%.)
There are many variables to this current housing market – work with a professional who can keep you updated on its impacts. Feel free to contact me for your real estate needs at 603-526-4116, www.DonnaForest.com, or Donna@DonnaForest.com
You’ll be moving in the right direction with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate - The Milestone Team.
While there are many concerns about the coronavirus and its impact on life as we know it, I thought it might be helpful to have some input on what we are seeing in regards to real estate. At the moment, buyer interest is strong and they are still out looking at homes. According to the National Association of REALTORS (NAR) survey released the week of 3/9/20, only 16% of REALTORS nationwide reported seeing reduced buyer interest in their markets. Obviously this varies as I’m sure cities like Seattle are seeing greater impacts than in rural areas like ours. Lawrence Yun, chief economist for the NAR, reported “two weeks ago I would have said the biggest hurdle is a general housing shortage. But that’s changed. The coronavirus is an unprecedented event, and even though we don’t know how everything will play out, it’s currently a big uncertainty that’s hitting the stock market.” He also feels that in the short term at least, home sales will be down by around 10%. For now, our area is still seeing a shortage of homes to sell and good buyer demand with extremely low interest rates. We are not seeing price reductions because of current conditions. It is uncharted territory and evolving, but I will leave you with this quote “Tough times never last but tough people do.”
If you're looking to buy or sell a home, give me a call at 603-526-4116 or email me at Donna@DonnaForest.com, www.DonnaForest.com.
The average days on market last year in NH was 56 days. If your house has been on for way longer, there are a multiple of reasons as to why it hasn’t sold. Below are some common causes.
- The house is overpriced - the #1 reason why most homes don’t sell.
- The house isn’t properly prepared for the market. Cluttered, too personalized, not sparkling clean, not staged.
- Poor listing photos. 93% of buyers are searching online and weed out homes based on photos alone.
- The property needs too many repairs or updates. Buyers want move-in condition and are unwilling to take on the cost and effort of repairs & renovations.
- You are too emotionally attached. Not listening to recommendations by your agent, micro-managing the process, having unrealistic expectations, etc.
Homes are selling every day because they are at the right price and prepped for sale. Contact me if you want honest & realistic advice on getting your house sold. 603-526-4116; www.DonnaForest.com; Donna@DonnaForest.com
No more shoveling snow from this special Hilltop Unit in New London! 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, tastefully remodeled with unique fixtures and finishes throughout. The sun shines in with wall to wall windows. Gas fireplace in living room for those chilly winter nights. Large master suite with walk-in closet and tiled bathroom. Private patio and garden area. Walk to the clubhouse and community garden. Monthly association fee of $705. One time buy-in fee $4,230. Offered at $274,900.
Anne Marie Appel, Listing Agent, 603-526-4116
Every year the National Association of REALTORS conducts a survey of recent home buyers and sellers to gain insight on the home buying and selling process. Below are some highlights from this report about buyers last year.
- 33% of all home buyers were firstt time buyers and financed 94% of the purchase price.
- Buyers searched 10 weeks and looked at 9 homes before buying a home.
- The typical home purchased was 1850 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, built in 1990.
- 93% of buyers found online websites their most useful source; photos and detailed information were an important factor.
- 89% of buyers purchased their home using a real estate agent.
- The top 3 factors influencing what buyers chose were: (1) quality of neighborhood, (2) convenience to job, and (3) overall affordability.
Sellers should be aware of how these buying traits might impact them. For example, a house located out in the boonies with 5 bedrooms and 3000 sq. ft. doesn’t target the typical buyer – which could mean longer time on market. Contact me if you’d like to know how these factors might impact you. 603-526-4116, www.DonnaForest.com, Donna@DonnaForest.com
Data from the NAR 2019 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Interested in home and condo sales in New Hampshire for the past year? To review the market data from New Hampshire REALTORS for 2019, click here 2019 Market Data from NHAR.pdf
The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams. (Oprah Winfrey) If your dream is to live in down-to-earth simplicity in an antique farmhouse on 47 acres, then this is a must-see. Privately located on a dead-end road with a picturesque settiing of perennial gardens, shade and apple trees, a swim pond, plus acres of fields and woods and gorgeous mountain views - including views of Mt. Sunapee. The huge barn includes 7 stalls, a tack room, hay storage, and multiple bays for vehicle and other storage. Trail riding, hiking, snowmobiling are right out your front door! Gorgeous sunrises, stargazing at night, bird watching, rocking on the porch. Seldom do you come across a home that immediately slows your heart rate, lets you take deep breaths, and evokes a deep sense of peacefulness. Sale is a portion of the existing deed. Offered at $469,000. To view virtual tour: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=Qt5nb8ZmyUB&mls=1
Donna Forest, Listing Broker, 603-526-4116
Meander up the paved driveway, lined with lilies, roses, ferns and hollyhocks. Pass the 28' x 38' studio that has many possible uses - space to create and sell, tradesman's workshop, yoga or music studio. Enter the lovingly maintained, soaring and light-filled great room, recently renovated with many significant upgrades. New maple floors and tiled entry downstairs and new carpet upstairs, new stainless steel appliances and double sink in kitchen with new countertops, complete interior painted throughout, new garage doors and openers. Lots of natural woodwork and windows, exposed beams, charming original bathrooms. Professionally cleaned right down to the polished windows. Attached two car garage with storage above and solar panels for net metering electricity. Unfinished basement provides even more space. Conveniently located midway between Hanover and Concord - minutes to New London, easy access off of Route 4A. This home has many possibilities for use and is ready to move right in! Offered at $359,000. Virtual Tour: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=QKoKkS1HN6E
Anne Marie Appel, Listing Agent, 603-526-4116